Soft Lens Disinfectant Storage and Rinsing Drug Information [ Pilkington Barnes Hind ]
Table of content
Soft Lens Disinfectant Storage and Rinsing category:
Soft Lens Disinfectant Storage and Rinsing companies and manufacturers:
Soft Lens Disinfectant Storage and Rinsing forms, composition and dosages:
- Liquid; Disinfectant (Contact Lenses); Chlorhexidine Gluconate 0.0035%
Indications, usages and classification codes:
- V07AV - Technical Disinfectants
There is an additional general information about this medication active ingredient chlorhexidine:
Pharmacological actionAntiseptic agent. chlorhexidine is active against vegetative forms of gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria and yeasts, dermatophytes and lipophilic viruses. This medicine has effect for bacterial spores only at elevated temperatures. It cleans and disinfects the skin without causing damage.
Why is Soft Lens Disinfectant Storage and Rinsing prescribed?For local use: trichomonas coleitis, cervical erosion, itching of the vulva, prevention of sexually transmitted diseases (including gonorrhea, syphilis, trichomoniasis, chlamydia, ureaplasmosis); gingivitis, stomatitis, aphthae, paradont, alveolitis, disinfection of removable dentures, sore throat; postoperative care for patients in ENT and dentistry.
Treatment of wounds, burn wounds and surfaces, disinfection of the patient's skin.
Treatment of surgeons', nurses' hands and operating field before diagnostic manipulation operation.
Disinfection of work surfaces of devices (including thermometers) and equipment which heat treatment is not desirable.
Dosage and administrationThe dose and method of application depend on the testimony and dosage form of chlorhexidine.
Use only locally. 0,5% alcohol or 1% aqueous solution for 2-5 min is applied to the corresponding surface. In dentistry solution for mouthwash and gel are prescribed 2-3 times a day.
Soft Lens Disinfectant Storage and Rinsing side effectsPerhaps allergic reaction. Dry and itchy skin, dermatitis, stickiness of hands for 3-5 min, stained teeth, the deposition of tartar, breach of taste (in the treatment of gingivitis).
ContraindicationsHypersensitivity to chlorhexidine, dermatitis, allergic reactions.
Special instructionsRemains active in the presence of impurities of blood and organic matter. Should not enter the chlorhexidine in the eye (except for special dosage form prescribed for washing the eye), as well as contact with the meninges and the auditory nerve.
Avoid using with iodine preparations.
Soft Lens Disinfectant Storage and Rinsing drug interactionschlorhexidine is incompatible with the soap, and detergents containing anionic group (saponins, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium carboxymethyl cellulose).
This medicine is compatible with any medication containing cationic group (cetrimonium bromide, benzalkonium chloride).
PLEASE, BE CAREFUL!
Be sure to consult your doctor before taking any medication!
- Soft Lens Disinfectant Storage and Rinsing analogs
- Soft Lens Disinfectant Storage and Rinsing similar
- Bacti-Stat CHG Ecolab
- Bactoscrub Vitamed Pharmaceutical Industries
- Bactosept Vitamed Pharmaceutical Industries
- BactoShield CHG STERIS Corporation
- Baxedin Pre-Op Omega Laboratories
- Baxil ERFA
- Benodent Capsules International Medical Service
- Benodent CLX International Medical Service
- Biguanex Denver Farma
- Biopatch Johnson & Johnson
- Biorgasept Bailleul Biorga Laboratoires
- Bioscrub Griffen
- Bioson Micrylium Laboratories
- Biovac Micrylium Laboratories
- Blend-a-Med Periochip Procter & Gamble
- Bou Matic Super Dip 0.35% H.B. Fuller Company
- Bou-Matic Sprayable Super Dip H.B. Fuller Company
- Brian Care Soapco
- Broxodin Drops Specialita Igienico Terapeutiche
- Broxodin Gel Specialita Igienico Terapeutiche
- Lens Care Multi-Purpose Solution Ciba Vision
- Mediflex Allergan
- Mirasept 1 Ciba Vision
- Multi-Purpose Solution Alcon
- Multi-Purpose Solution Arrow OTC
- Multi-Purpose Solution Ciba Vision
- Omnicare Disinfecting Solution Allergan
- Optiform Allergan
- Opti-Free Replenish Multi-Purpose Disinfecting Solution Alcon
- Oxysept Abbott Laboratories
- Oxysept 1 Advanced Medical Optics
- Oxysept I Advanced Medical Optics
- Renu Multiplus Bausch and Lomb
- Sensitive Eyes Multi Purpose Solution Bausch and Lomb
- Sereine Contact Lens Cleaner Optikem International
- Sereine Wetting and Soaking Solution Optikem International
- SoloCare Novartis; Ciba Vision
- Solo-Care Novartis; Ciba Vision
- Solocare Aqua Novartis; Ciba Vision
- Solo-Care Aqua Novartis; Ciba Vision