Bactosept Drug Information [ Vitamed Pharmaceutical Industries ]
Table of content
- Antiseptic Skin Cleansers
- Miscellaneous Anti-Infectives
- Other Miscellaneous Antibacterial Agents
Bactosept companies and manufacturers:
Bactosept forms, composition and dosages:
- N / A
Indications, usages and classification codes:
- A01AB03 - Chlorhexidine
- D08AC02 - Chlorhexidine
There is an additional general information about this medication active ingredient chlorhexidine:
Pharmacological actionAntiseptic agent. chlorhexidine is active against vegetative forms of gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria and yeasts, dermatophytes and lipophilic viruses. This medicine has effect for bacterial spores only at elevated temperatures. It cleans and disinfects the skin without causing damage.
Why is Bactosept prescribed?For local use: trichomonas coleitis, cervical erosion, itching of the vulva, prevention of sexually transmitted diseases (including gonorrhea, syphilis, trichomoniasis, chlamydia, ureaplasmosis); gingivitis, stomatitis, aphthae, paradont, alveolitis, disinfection of removable dentures, sore throat; postoperative care for patients in ENT and dentistry.
Treatment of wounds, burn wounds and surfaces, disinfection of the patient's skin.
Treatment of surgeons', nurses' hands and operating field before diagnostic manipulation operation.
Disinfection of work surfaces of devices (including thermometers) and equipment which heat treatment is not desirable.
Dosage and administrationThe dose and method of application depend on the testimony and dosage form of chlorhexidine.
Use only locally. 0,5% alcohol or 1% aqueous solution for 2-5 min is applied to the corresponding surface. In dentistry solution for mouthwash and gel are prescribed 2-3 times a day.
Bactosept side effectsPerhaps allergic reaction. Dry and itchy skin, dermatitis, stickiness of hands for 3-5 min, stained teeth, the deposition of tartar, breach of taste (in the treatment of gingivitis).
ContraindicationsHypersensitivity to chlorhexidine, dermatitis, allergic reactions.
Special instructionsRemains active in the presence of impurities of blood and organic matter. Should not enter the chlorhexidine in the eye (except for special dosage form prescribed for washing the eye), as well as contact with the meninges and the auditory nerve.
Avoid using with iodine preparations.
Bactosept drug interactionschlorhexidine is incompatible with the soap, and detergents containing anionic group (saponins, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium carboxymethyl cellulose).
This medicine is compatible with any medication containing cationic group (cetrimonium bromide, benzalkonium chloride).
PLEASE, BE CAREFUL!
Be sure to consult your doctor before taking any medication!
- Antiminth Soap Costec Dermatocosmeticas
- Antisept Salud
- Antiseptic Body Cleanser Sage Products
- Antiseptic Cleanser Niagara Pharmaceuticals
- Antiseptic First Aid Spray Wasip
- Antiseptic Lotion Soap Gojo Industries
- Antiseptic Skin Cleanser Canadian Custom Packaging
- Antisol Raza Manufacturing; Pharmaniaga Marketing
- Arrest Teat Dip Westfalia-Surge
- Aseptil Liquido GlaxoSmithKline
- Asseptic Neo Quimica Comercio e Industria Laboratorio
- Astringosol Med GlaxoSmithKline
- Astringosol Med Enjuague Bucal GlaxoSmithKline
- Avidene Surgical Scrub Metrex Research
- Baby Shield Plus Hoe Pharmaceuticals; Summit
- Bacard Antiseptic Chew Brothers
- Bacticlens SSL International
- Bacti-Stat CHG Ecolab
- Bactoscrub Vitamed Pharmaceutical Industries
- BactoShield CHG STERIS Corporation
- Abodine Abbott Laboratories
- Absorbine Antifungal W. F. Young
- Absorbine Athletes Foot Care W. F. Young
- Absorbine Jr. Antifungal W. F. Young
- Absorbine Jr. Antifungal Liquid W. F. Young
- Accent Plus Antibacterial Skin Cleanser Huntington Laboratories
- Acclaim Zep Manufacturing Company
- Acea Ferndale Pharmaceuticals
- Acedapsone BCM
- Acetone Alcohol Pad Professional Disposables International
- Acetone Alcohol Swabs Professional Disposables International
- Acetoquat CTAB BCM
- Acide Fusidique Arrow Generiques
- Acide Fusidique Biogaran
- Acide Fusidique EG Labo
- Acide Fusidique Mylan Pharmaceuticals
- Acide Fusidique Ratiopharm
- Acigena BCM
- Acne Florish
- Acne Medicated Gel TP Health