Astringosol Med Enjuague Bucal Drug Information
Astringosol Med Enjuague Bucal category:
- Antiseptic Skin Cleansers
- Miscellaneous Anti-Infectives
- Other Miscellaneous Antibacterial Agents
Astringosol Med Enjuague Bucal companies and manufacturers:
Astringosol Med Enjuague Bucal forms, composition and dosages:
- Mouthwash; Local; Chlorhexidine Gluconate
Indications, usages and classification codes:
- A01AB03 - Chlorhexidine
- D08AC02 - Chlorhexidine
There is an additional general information about this medication active ingredient chlorhexidine:
Pharmacological actionAntiseptic agent. chlorhexidine is active against vegetative forms of gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria and yeasts, dermatophytes and lipophilic viruses. This medicine has effect for bacterial spores only at elevated temperatures. It cleans and disinfects the skin without causing damage.
Why is Astringosol Med Enjuague Bucal prescribed?For local use: trichomonas coleitis, cervical erosion, itching of the vulva, prevention of sexually transmitted diseases (including gonorrhea, syphilis, trichomoniasis, chlamydia, ureaplasmosis); gingivitis, stomatitis, aphthae, paradont, alveolitis, disinfection of removable dentures, sore throat; postoperative care for patients in ENT and dentistry.
Treatment of wounds, burn wounds and surfaces, disinfection of the patient's skin.
Treatment of surgeons', nurses' hands and operating field before diagnostic manipulation operation.
Disinfection of work surfaces of devices (including thermometers) and equipment which heat treatment is not desirable.
Dosage and administrationThe dose and method of application depend on the testimony and dosage form of chlorhexidine.
Use only locally. 0,5% alcohol or 1% aqueous solution for 2-5 min is applied to the corresponding surface. In dentistry solution for mouthwash and gel are prescribed 2-3 times a day.
Astringosol Med Enjuague Bucal side effectsPerhaps allergic reaction. Dry and itchy skin, dermatitis, stickiness of hands for 3-5 min, stained teeth, the deposition of tartar, breach of taste (in the treatment of gingivitis).
ContraindicationsHypersensitivity to chlorhexidine, dermatitis, allergic reactions.
Special instructionsRemains active in the presence of impurities of blood and organic matter. Should not enter the chlorhexidine in the eye (except for special dosage form prescribed for washing the eye), as well as contact with the meninges and the auditory nerve.
Avoid using with iodine preparations.
Astringosol Med Enjuague Bucal drug interactionschlorhexidine is incompatible with the soap, and detergents containing anionic group (saponins, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium carboxymethyl cellulose).
This medicine is compatible with any medication containing cationic group (cetrimonium bromide, benzalkonium chloride).
PLEASE, BE CAREFUL!
Be sure to consult your doctor before taking any medication!
- 2 + 2 Nettoyant Desinfectant Liquide (Produits Sanitech)
- 2 in 1 Anti-Dandruff Shampoo and Conditioner (Avon)
- 2 in 1 Conditioning Dandruff Shampoo (Scott Chemical)
- 2 in 1 Dandruff Relief Shampoo and Conditioner (Marc Anthony Cosmetics)
- 2312 Germicidal Detergent (Rebco Chemicals)
- 3 in 1 Disinfecting All Purpose and Glass Cleaner (Avmor)
- 3129 Quat-10 (Les Laboratoires Choisy)
- 3377 RP Opalate (BCM)
- 3M TB Quat Disinfectant Ready-To-Use Cleaner (3M)
- 9100 Certainty Disinfectant Wipes (Innocore Sales & Marketing)
- 911 Nettoyeur Desinfectant (Turnmore Sanitation)
- 986 Antiseptic Hand Soap-Lotion (Fuller Brush / Les Brosses Fuller)
- A Curitybina Paste (Uniao Quimica Farmaceutica Nacional)
- A-Derma Pain Salicylique (Pierre Fabre)
- AB (Saval Laboratorios)
- AB Handsoap (Epsilon Chemicals)
- Abbonidazole (Abbott Laboratories)
- Abbottselsun (Abbott Laboratories)
- Abodine (Abbott Laboratories)
- Absorbine Antifungal (W. F. Young)
- A'Fresh (Arika Healthcare)
- AB-Hex (American Biocare)
- Acriflex (Thornton & Ross)
- Acriflex (Thornton & Ross)
- Afresho (Zee Laboratories)
- Angisan (Sanabo Wien)
- Antibex (Pharmaniaga Marketing; Raza Manufacturing)
- Antibex (Pharmaniaga; Raza Manufacturing)
- Antiminth Soap (Costec Dermatocosmeticas)
- Antisept (Salud)
- Antiseptic Body Cleanser (Sage Products)
- Antiseptic Cleanser (Niagara Pharmaceuticals)
- Antiseptic First Aid Spray (Wasip)
- Antiseptic Lotion Soap (Gojo Industries)
- Antiseptic Skin Cleanser (Canadian Custom Packaging)
- Antisol (Raza Manufacturing; Pharmaniaga Marketing)
- Antisol (Raza Manufacturing; Pharmaniaga)
- Arofil Mouth Wash (Symbiosis; Coastal Healthcare)
- Arrest Teat Dip (Westfalia-Surge)
- Aseptil Liquido (GlaxoSmithKline)