Zitroken Drug Information [ Kendrick Laboratorios ]
Table of content
Zitroken companies and manufacturers:
Zitroken forms, composition and dosages:
- Tablet; Oral; Azithromycin Dihydrate 500 mg
Indications, usages and classification codes:
- J01FA10 - Azithromycin
There is an additional general information about this medication active ingredient azithromycin:
Pharmacological actionAzithromycin is an macrolide antibiotic of azalides group. This medication inhibits RNA-dependent protein synthesis of sensitive microorganisms.
It active against gram-positive bacteria: Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus spp. (including Streptococcus pneumoniae, Streptococcus pyogenes group A); gram-negative bacteria: Haemophilus influenzae, Haemophilus parainfluenzae, Haemophilus ducreyi, Moraxella catarrhalis, Escherichia coli, Bordetella pertussis, Bordetella parapertussis, Borrelia burgdorferi, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Campylobacter spp., Legionella pneumophila; anaerobic bacteria: Bacteroides fragilis.
PharmacokineticsThis drug rapidly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract. Ingestion reduces the absorption of azithromycin. Cmax in plasma is reached after 2-3 hours. This medicine rapidly distributed in tissues and biological fluids. 35% of the azithromycin is metabolized in the liver by demethylation. More than 59% is excreted in the bile in unchanged form, about 4.5% in the urine in unchanged form.
Why is Zitroken prescribed?Infectious-inflammatory diseases caused by microorganisms susceptible to azithromycin, including bronchitis, pneumonia, infections of skin and soft tissue, otitis media, sinusitis, pharyngitis, tonsillitis, gonorrheal and non gonorrheal urethritis and / or cervicitis, Lyme disease (borreliosis).
Dosage and administrationDosage is setted individually according to nosology, disease severity and sensitivity of the pathogen. Dosage for adults for oral administration is 0.25-1 g 1 time/day; for children - 5-10 mg/kg 1 time/day. The duration of administration is 2-5 days.
Zitroken side effectsDigestive system: nausea, vomiting, flatulence, diarrhea, abdominal pain, transient elevation of liver enzymes, rarely - cholestatic jaundice.
Allergic reactions: rarely - a skin rash, angioedema, erythema multiforme, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis.
Dermatological reactions: rarely - photosensitization.
CNS: dizziness, headache, rarely - drowsiness, weakness.
Hematopoietic system: rarely - leukopenia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia.
Cardiovascular system: rarely - chest pain.
Urogenital system: vaginitis, rarely - candidiasis, nephritis, increased residual nitrogen urea.
Other: rarely - hyperglycemia, arthralgia.
ContraindicationsHypersensitivity to azithromycin and other macrolide antibiotics.
Using during pregnancy and breastfeedingAzithromycin crosses the placental barrier. Use in pregnancy only in cases where the intended benefits to the mother outweighs the potential risk to the fetus.
If necessary to use azithromycin in the lactation period should solve the issue of termination of breastfeeding.
Special instructionsThis drug not recommended for use in patients with compromised liver function.
Azithromycin uses with careful with impaired renal function.
This medication should be taken at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after eating or taking of antacids.
Zitroken drug interactionsSimultaneous administration of azithromycin with these drugs and medications may has followed effects:
PLEASE, BE CAREFUL!
Be sure to consult your doctor before taking any medication!
- Craztronin Raam de Sahuayo Laboratorios
- Hemomycin Hemofarm
- Macrozit Liomont Laboratorios
- Mizotryn Liferpal MD
- Sumamecin Obolenskoe Pharmaceutical Enterprise
- Sumamed Pliva
- Sumamed Forte Pliva
- Sumamox Oxford Laboratories
- Sumazid Bryntsalov-A
- Texis Atlantis, Mexico
- Truxa Asofarma de Mexico
- Zertalin Collins Productos Farmaceuticos
- Zetamax Retard Pfizer
- ZI-Factor Veropharm
- Zithrocin Unique Pharmaceutical Laboratories; Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries; J.B. Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals
- Zithromax Monodose Pfizer
- Zitromax Pfizer
- Actimycin Venus Remedies
- Azibiotic Medipharco-Tenamyd Central Pharmaceutical; Tenamyd Canada
- Azicine Stada; Agencia Lei Va Hong; Hong Kong Medical Supplies; Khuong Duy Pharmaceutical
- Achromycin V Wyeth; Clonmel Healthcare; Lederle; Sigma Pharmaceuticals
- Achromycine Lederle
- Aciderm Sanval Comercio e Industria
- Acne Hermal Olvos Science
- Acneclin Valeant Pharmaceuticals
- Acnecolor Spirig Pharma
- Acne-Cy-Clean Brovar S & P
- Acnepas E Atlas Farmaceutica
- Acneryne Galderma
- Acnesol Systopic Laboratories
- Acnetrim Trima Pharmaceuticals; Green Cross
- Acromicina Wyeth
- Actidox Saninter
- Actin Siam Medicare
- Actisite ALZA; Dentaid; GABA; Meda; Solco Basel; Willvonseder & Marchesani
- Acuco Apotex
- Acu-Erylate S Apotex
- Aculfin Apsen Farmaceutica
- Adco-Dermed Adcock Ingram
- Adco-Sporozole Adcock Ingram