E-Vitamin Drug Information [ Ratiopharm ]
Table of content
E-Vitamin companies and manufacturers:
E-Vitamin forms, composition and dosages:
- Capsule; Oral; Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol Acetate) 400 mg
Indications, usages and classification codes:
- A11AA03 - Multivitamins and other Minerals including combinations
There is an additional general information about this medication active ingredient vitamin e (tocopherol acetate, tocopherol palmitate or other related chemical compounds):
Pharmacological actionTocopherol (vitamin e) has an antioxidant effect, is involved in the biosynthesis of heme and proteins, cell proliferation, tissue respiration, and other critical processes of tissue metabolism, prevents hemolysis of red blood cells, prevents increased permeability and capillary fragility. This medication fills a shortage of vitamin E. Inhibits free radical reactions, prevents the formation of peroxides that damage cellular and subcellular membranes. Stimulates the synthesis of heme and heme containing enzymes - hemoglobin, myoglobin, cytochromes, catalase and peroxidase. Improves tissue respiration, stimulates the synthesis of proteins (collagen, enzymes, structural and contractile proteins of skeletal and smooth muscle, the myocardium), protects against oxidation of vitamin A. Inhibits the oxidation of unsaturated fatty acids and selenium (a component of microsomal electron transport system). Inhibits the synthesis of cholesterol. From the gastrointestinal tract is slowly absorbed about 50%, the highest level in the blood after 4 hours for absorption requires bile acids. In the process of absorption forms a complex with lipoproteins, which are intracellular carriers of vitamin E. Comes mainly in the lymph, then - in the general circulation, where it binds primarily to alpha-1 and beta-lipoprotein, in part - to serum albumin. When metabolic protein transport is difficult. Deposited in the adrenal glands, pituitary, testes, fat and muscle tissue, erythrocytes and liver. Undergoes metabolism and is excreted from the body (in unmodified form and as metabolites) in bile (90%) and urine (about 6%).
PharmacokineticsIf ingestion absorption of 50% during suction forms a complex with lipoproteins (intracellular carriers of tocopherol). For absorption requires bile acids. Associated with alpha1- and beta-lipoprotein, in part - to serum albumin. When metabolic disorders a protein transport is difficult. Cmax is reached after 4 h. Deposited in the adrenal glands, pituitary, testes, fat and muscle tissue, erythrocytes and liver. More than 90% is excreted in bile, 6% - the kidneys.
Why is E-Vitamin by Ratiopharm prescribed?Vitamin deficiencies, conditions of convalescence after a disease occurring with a feverish syndrome, high physical activity, older age, disease ligamentous system and muscles. Climacteric autonomic disorders. Neurasthenia with fatigue, asthenia neurasthenic syndrome, primary muscular dystrophy, posttraumatic, postinfectious secondary myopathy. Degenerative and proliferative changes in the joints and ligamentous apparatus spine and large joints.
Dosage and administrationUsually prescribed to 100-300 mg / day. If necessary the dose may be increased to 1 g / day.
E-Vitamin by Ratiopharm side effectsPossible: an allergic reaction, with a reception in high doses - diarrhea, epigastric pain, when IM injection - pain, infiltration at the injection site.
ContraindicationsIncreased sensitivity to tocopherol.
Using during pregnancy and breastfeedingTocopherol is used during pregnancy and lactation (breastfeeding) when indicated.
Special instructionsWith caution tocopherol should be used in severe cardiosclerosis, myocardial infarction, with an increased risk of venous thromboembolism.
E-Vitamin by Ratiopharm drug interactionsIn an application with tocopherol may change the effects of warfarin and dicoumarol.
There are reports of reduced effectiveness of simultaneous treatment with iron for children.
With the simultaneous application of tocopherol with cyclosporine increased absorption of cyclosporine.
E-Vitamin by Ratiopharm in case of emergency / overdoseSymptoms: creatinuria, diarrhea, epigastric pain, decreased capacity for work.
PLEASE, BE CAREFUL!
Be sure to consult your doctor before taking any medication!
- Bakanasan Vitamin E Herbert Bregenzer
- Drogapur Metochem-Pharma
- E-Mulsin Mucos Pharma
- EPH Investigaciones Filosoficas y Cientificas
- Epol Politecnicos Nacionales Laboratorios
- Erevit Biotika Bohemia; Zentiva
- E-Vicotrat Heyl Chemisch-Pharmazeutische Fabrik; Institute of Pharmaceutical Research and Technology
- Evit Deutsche Chefaro Pharma
- Evitol Lannacher Heilmittel
- Invite E Cream Nelson Laboratories
- Renbo-E Novartis
- Sanhelios Vitamin E Bregenzer
- Sant-E-Gal ICN Pharmaceuticals
- Taxofit Vitamin E Maria Clementine Martin Klosterfrau
- Toco Pharma 2000 Laboratoire
- Tocolion Sciencex Laboratoire
- Tocopa Arkopharma Laboratoires
- Tocopherol Teva
- Vitamin E Apomedica
- Vitamin E Mepha
- Apozema Vitamin E Apomedica
- Aquasol E Sanofi-Aventis; Columbia Laboratories; Mayne Pharma
- Aquasol E TPGS Columbia Laboratories
- Aquavit-E Cypress Pharmaceutical
- Auxina E Chiesi
- Avigilen Sanova Pharma
- Bacferol Grisi Hermanos Laboratorios
- Bakanasan Vitamin E Herbert Bregenzer
- Bio E Bio-Health
- Bio E Blackmores
- Bio Enhaced Natural E Nutrition Care Pharmaceuticals
- Bio-E Biogenetech
- Bio-EFA Borage Gla 240 PGE Canada
- Bio-EFA Borage Oil Vita Health Products
- Bio-E-Vitamin Pharma Nord
- Biogelat Vitamin E Metochem-Pharma
- Biogenis One-a-Day Bayer Schering Pharma
- Bioglan Micelle E Bioglan
- Bioglan Natural E Bioglan
- Bioglan Primrose-E Bioglan