Saline Drug Information
Saline companies and manufacturers:
Saline forms, composition and dosages:
- Injectable; Injection; Sodium Chloride 0.9%
Indications, usages and classification codes:
- A12CA01 - Sodium Chloride
There is an additional general information about this medication active ingredient sodium chloride:
Pharmacological actionIons of sodium and chlorine are the major inorganic components of the extracellular fluid, maintaining an appropriate osmotic pressure of blood plasma and extracellular fluid. Isotonic solution fills a deficit of body fluids during dehydration. Hypertonic solution of sodium chloride for IV injection provides a correction of osmotic pressure of extracellular fluid and blood plasma. When applied topically in ophthalmology sodium chloride has anti-edema effect.
Why is Saline by Jamp Pharma prescribed?Isotonic solution: the dehydration of various origins. To maintain the volume of blood plasma during and after surgery. As a solvent for various drugs.
Hypertonic solution: violations of water-electrolyte metabolism: lack of sodium and chlorine ions; hypoosmotic dehydration of various origins (due to prolonged vomiting, diarrhea, burns with a gastric fistula, pulmonary hemorrhage, intestinal bleeding).
Eye drops and ointment: irritation of the cornea with inflammatory and allergic diseases (combined therapy).
Dosage and administrationIsotonic sodium chloride solution used as injected iv, sc, and enemas and is also used for washing wounds, eyes, mucous nasal cavity. Often administered as IV depending on the clinical situation up to 3 L / day.
Hypertonic sodium chloride solution injected intravenous. Single dose for IV jet injection can be 10-30 ml. For conditions requiring immediate replenishment of sodium and chloride ions this medication is administered as IV infusion at a dose of 100 ml.
Locally and externally applied depending on the dosage form and regimen.
Saline by Jamp Pharma side effectsProbably: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach cramps, thirst, lacrimation, sweating, fever, tachycardia, hypertension, renal dysfunction, edema, shortness of breath, headache, dizziness, anxiety, weakness, twitching and muscle hypertonicity.
For external and local application adverse reactions to this date have not been established.
ContraindicationsHypernatremia, hyperhydration, the threat of pulmonary edema, cerebral edema.
Special instructionsWith careful use of large amounts of sodium chloride in patients with impaired renal excretory function and hypokalemia. The injection of large amounts of solution can lead to chloride acidosis, hyperhydration, increased excretion of potassium from the body.
Hypertonic solution do not applied SC and IM.
With prolonged use is necessary to monitor the concentration of electrolytes in the plasma and the daily urine output.
The temperature of infusion solution should be 38 °C.
PLEASE, BE CAREFUL!
Be sure to consult your doctor before taking any medication!
- Alcohol Isopropylique (Dispar)
- Antiseptic Iodine Spray (Dominion Veterinary Laboratories)
- Bag Balm Dilators (Dr. A. C. Daniels)
- Bag Balm Ointment (Dr. A. C. Daniels)
- Bloat Aid (Citadel Animal Health)
- Bloat Go (AHS Animal Health Supplies)
- Bloban (A.P.A.)
- Blood Stopper (Equivet)
- Blue Lotion (Medibiotics)
- Boroform (Sanofi-Aventis)
- Caco-Iron-Copper (Dominion Veterinary Laboratories)
- Caco-Iron-Copper (Professional Veterinary Laboratories)
- Caco-Iron-Copper (Sterivet)
- Caco-Iron-Copper (Univet Pharmaceuticals)
- Caco-Iron-Copper (Vetoquinol)
- Centaur Light Lube Gel (Centaur Pharmaceuticals)
- Centrabute (Central Sales Limited)
- Centrafur (Central Sales Limited)
- Chloramphenicol (Akorn)
- Chloramphenicol (Alcon)
- 1 M-Natriumchlorid-Loesung Salvia (Baxter)
- Addipak Sodium Chloride (Hudson Respiratory Care)
- Adsorbanac (BCM)
- Adsorbonac (Alcon)
- Aequalyre (Boehringer Ingelheim)
- AF Tiponet Saline (Ben Chimon Florish)
- Afrin Moisturizing Saline Mist (Schering-Plough)
- Afrin Natural (Schering-Plough)
- Airlife Modudose Sodium Chloride (Allegiance Healthcare)
- Airlife Sodium Chloride (Allegiance Healthcare)
- Ak-NaCl (Akorn)
- Alcacat (Baxter)
- Allemar (Sanofi-Aventis)
- Allemar Nasalmer (Sanofi-Aventis)
- Alrin Baby Salt Solution (Teva)
- Antiedema (Alcon)
- Apir Clorurado (Fresenius)
- Apiroflex Clorurado (Fresenius)
- Aquapak (Hudson Respiratory Care)
- Aquarhine (Merck)