AB Drug Information
- Antiseptic Skin Cleansers
- Miscellaneous Anti-Infectives
- Other Miscellaneous Antibacterial Agents
AB companies and manufacturers:
AB forms, composition and dosages:
- Tablet; Oral; Chlorhexidine Hydrochloride 5 mg
Indications, usages and classification codes:
- A01AB03 - Chlorhexidine
- D08AC02 - Chlorhexidine
There is an additional general information about this medication active ingredient chlorhexidine:
Pharmacological actionAntiseptic agent. chlorhexidine is active against vegetative forms of gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria and yeasts, dermatophytes and lipophilic viruses. This medicine has effect for bacterial spores only at elevated temperatures. It cleans and disinfects the skin without causing damage.
Why is AB by Saval Laboratorios prescribed?For local use: trichomonas coleitis, cervical erosion, itching of the vulva, prevention of sexually transmitted diseases (including gonorrhea, syphilis, trichomoniasis, chlamydia, ureaplasmosis); gingivitis, stomatitis, aphthae, paradont, alveolitis, disinfection of removable dentures, sore throat; postoperative care for patients in ENT and dentistry.
Treatment of wounds, burn wounds and surfaces, disinfection of the patient's skin.
Treatment of surgeons', nurses' hands and operating field before diagnostic manipulation operation.
Disinfection of work surfaces of devices (including thermometers) and equipment which heat treatment is not desirable.
Dosage and administrationThe dose and method of application depend on the testimony and dosage form of chlorhexidine.
Use only locally. 0,5% alcohol or 1% aqueous solution for 2-5 min is applied to the corresponding surface. In dentistry solution for mouthwash and gel are prescribed 2-3 times a day.
AB by Saval Laboratorios side effectsPerhaps allergic reaction. Dry and itchy skin, dermatitis, stickiness of hands for 3-5 min, stained teeth, the deposition of tartar, breach of taste (in the treatment of gingivitis).
ContraindicationsHypersensitivity to chlorhexidine, dermatitis, allergic reactions.
Special instructionsRemains active in the presence of impurities of blood and organic matter. Should not enter the chlorhexidine in the eye (except for special dosage form prescribed for washing the eye), as well as contact with the meninges and the auditory nerve.
Avoid using with iodine preparations.
AB by Saval Laboratorios drug interactionschlorhexidine is incompatible with the soap, and detergents containing anionic group (saponins, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium carboxymethyl cellulose).
This medicine is compatible with any medication containing cationic group (cetrimonium bromide, benzalkonium chloride).
PLEASE, BE CAREFUL!
Be sure to consult your doctor before taking any medication!
- 2 + 2 Nettoyant Desinfectant Liquide (Produits Sanitech)
- 2 in 1 Anti-Dandruff Shampoo and Conditioner (Avon)
- 2 in 1 Conditioning Dandruff Shampoo (Scott Chemical)
- 2 in 1 Dandruff Relief Shampoo and Conditioner (Marc Anthony Cosmetics)
- 2312 Germicidal Detergent (Rebco Chemicals)
- 3 in 1 Disinfecting All Purpose and Glass Cleaner (Avmor)
- 3129 Quat-10 (Les Laboratoires Choisy)
- 3377 RP Opalate (BCM)
- 3M TB Quat Disinfectant Ready-To-Use Cleaner (3M)
- 9100 Certainty Disinfectant Wipes (Innocore Sales & Marketing)
- 911 Nettoyeur Desinfectant (Turnmore Sanitation)
- 986 Antiseptic Hand Soap-Lotion (Fuller Brush / Les Brosses Fuller)
- A Curitybina Paste (Uniao Quimica Farmaceutica Nacional)
- A-Derma Pain Salicylique (Pierre Fabre)
- AB Handsoap (Epsilon Chemicals)
- Abbonidazole (Abbott Laboratories)
- Abbottselsun (Abbott Laboratories)
- Abodine (Abbott Laboratories)
- Absorbine Antifungal (W. F. Young)
- Absorbine Athletes Foot Care (W. F. Young)
- AB (Saval Laboratorios)
- Astrexine (UCB Pharma)
- Cathejell S (Dr. R. Pfleger)
- Contact (VAAS)
- Ekuba Cream (Solvay)
- Freshmel (Chile Laboratorios)
- Golaseptine (S.M.B. Laboratoires)
- Graneodin Pastilles (Bristol-Myers Squibb)
- Hibicrick (Master Laboratorio Farmaceutico)
- Hibitane Dental Gel (GlaxoSmithKline)
- Hibitane Lozenges (AstraZeneca)
- Hibitane Mouthwash (GlaxoSmithKline)
- Hibitane Obstetric Cream (AstraZeneca)
- Hibitane Powder (AstraZeneca)
- Lenil (Zeta Farmaceutici)
- Mefren (Novartis)
- Ortoxine (Volta Laboratorio)
- Pixidin (Sanico)
- Roter Keel (Boots)
- Rotersept (Bournonville Eumedica)